Friday, April 04, 2003

Democracy, Whiskey, Sexy

When I first heard this phrase I thought it might be the title of a new P.J. O'Rourke book or perhaps the revamped slogan of the strange group I encountered at the Minnesota GOP 2002 State Convention.

Turns out it was the essence of what America meant to a recently liberated (note: I'm not using quotation marks like CNN) Iraqi and he shouted it to passing U.S troops. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Of course James Lileks was able to take it to another level and he produced this image which brings it all together:




Voting, drinking, and sex all wrapped up in the American flag. What a perfect F' you to the all the Islamofascists around the world (and members of the hard core left here in America as well).

Speaking of Lileks I was able to catch a couple of minutes of him on the air this morning on the Ian Punnett show on FM107 and as usual he was witty and entertaining. The Punnett show starts at 8:00am and offers yet another alternative for Twin Cities listeners like myself who can no longer stomach KSTP's Morning Spin. And Lileks makes an appearance every Friday which is reason enough to tune in.


No comments:

Post a Comment