Sunday, April 06, 2003

My Cup Runneth Over

The eminent scholar of the Arab world, Bernard Lewis, is appearing on the CSPAN-2 program "In Depth" today. The live broadcast is on right now, until 2:00 PM Central.

Of course, I’ll be listening to the eminent talk radio host Dave Thompson show during this time, so I’ll have to miss it. However, good news, there is a replay of In Depth on CSPAN-2 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM today. But, I’ll be reviewing my tape of the Dave Thompson Show during that time, so I’ll have to miss it again. But, thank goodness, there’s yet another re-run of the In Depth Program tonight from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM, when I’ll be sure to be watching.

So, you have no excuses not to listen to both Dave and Bernard today and be that much more informed as to the state of the world.

For those not familiar with Mr. Lewis, see his prescient article from The Atlantic magazine, published in 1990, entitled The Roots of Muslim Rage.

For those not familiar with Mr. Thompson, please see his fine article below. And anyone needing a tape of today’s Dave Thompson Show can contact me directly. Interesting trades will be considered. I'd especially like to hear from anyone with a tape of Bruce Williams’ infamous Roth IRA conversion special from December of 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment