Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yes, Why Indeed?

Jeff Tweedy of Wilco on his sonic experimentation in song:

There is a lot of material that mirrored my condition. In particular there's a piece of music --"Less Than You Think"-- that ends with a 12-minute drone that was an attempt to express the slow painful rise and dissipation of migraine in music. I don't know why anyone would need to have that expressed to them musically. But it was all I had.

The old yarns about parents saying their kids' rock music giving them headaches in the 60's come to mind.

And here is someone writing a 12 minute song about a headache. He even refers to it as a 12 minute drone!

Now I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to live with migraines and you have to feel for the guy. But why on earth anyone would want to put on a headache song for their entertainment is beyond my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment