Thursday, April 03, 2008

You Gotta Take 29 To Give 30

All this talk by the Elder of fighting in the NHL has me missing my yoot, the Glory Days of fighting.

Check this one out from the late 80's (okay, so I wasn't exactly a yoot at the time)

Bob Probert and Craig Coxe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FrpduV5vTU

Players do not fight like this any more. Now it's all grabbing and ducking and clutching and hoping for the one big KO punch. Can't blame the dudes, I guess. But look at these two animals go at each other. They just stand there and throw, knowing that they are going to be tagged, hoping that they land more than the other guy and he'll go down.

I can imagine both guys were thinking "Holy crap, I've hit this guy square in the face like 30 times now but he won't go down!"

No comments:

Post a Comment