Wednesday, November 13, 2002

If Only 'Will and Grace' Was in Espanol

Spanish must be a far more humorous language than English. I don't speak a lick of Spanish myself but my coworker who I'm in México with is originally from Guatemala and so it's his native tongue. On more than a few occasions this week he has been chatting with some of the Mexicans in Spanish when suddenly they all erupt in uproarious laughter. I'm left sitting there smiling weakly having no clue what just was said. Usually I get a translation of what just transpired and more often than not I have the same reaction. That's not funny. At all. I have to conclude that either they're having some fun at my expense or the material works much better in the lively Spanish tongue. This gringo just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment