Friday, November 22, 2002

An Infuriatingly Good Read

Last week I finished reading The Cell: Inside the 9/11 Plot, And Why the FBI and CIA Failed to Stop It by John Miller and Michael Stone and highly recommend it for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of the manner in which Al Qaeda operates and doesn't mind the pain that arises from pounding your fists on the table in frustration after learning of the many opportunities that various U.S. intelligence agencies failed to capitalize on that may have been able to prevent the attacks of September 11th. If that isn't enough to get your blood boiling the book's description of the arrogance displayed by Mohammed Atta surely will.

I am not by nature a violent man (although a few players in my hockey league may disagree) but I have no doubt that I would have little difficulty summoning up the rage to bare handedly pummel Atta's face beyond recognition and tear him limb from limb if I were somehow able to meet up with him in an other worldly venue of cosmic justice. I'll just have to be content with the belief that one of nastier demons of hell is getting medieval on his ass at this very moment. And for eternity for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment