Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Don't Leave Home Without It

I want to weigh in with a hearty "Amen" to JB's post on BYOB when flying. One of the key lessons learned from Monday's travel nightmare (beside the obvious one that Continental Airlines is run by lying pig-dog wreckers) is to be self-sufficient when it comes to your drinking supply. Maintaining a SAR (Strategic Alcohol Reserve) at all times is critical, especially when on the road when you might run into a situation where the airport bars close at 9:30pm (thanks again Houston) or you get to your hotel too late to procure your pre-sleep nightcap. JB gave me a nice pocket flask for Christmas and I considered filling it with a little single malt before this most recent trip. My decision not to take pursue such a prudent course of action has haunted me ever since.

UPDATE--Nick e-mails to report that flasks do not pose a threat to Homeland Security:

I flew out to Vegas last year from St. Paul. When I was going through
security they spotted a flask shaped object in my inner jacket pocket. I
confirmed their identification of my stockpile and didn't have to deal with
it at all beyond that. Point being, at least on the ground end there's no
problem slipping a flask onboard a NWA flight. They didn't even demand that
I take a swig to prove its contents.

1 comment:

  1. Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you.
    Agen Bandarq
    Agen Domino99
    Domino Online
    Agen Poker
    Bandar Domino99
    fb

    ReplyDelete