Thursday, January 12, 2006

The End Of The Beginning?

(From my kitchen table at 5:03am)

In regard to my post yesterday on the latest travails at KSTP AM-1500, Dwight e-mailed at 8:32pm last night:

With performance like what we have seen recently from Willie and the chicks, I don't envision the program manager (what's her name?) lasting long.

My close friend who works indoors at the building on University has informed me that everyone is shaking their heads.

I guess a call was placed recently to a couple of interesting personalities... no idea of who those folks are, but, that advertisers are NOT happy.

There will be major shake-up in the near future...


If another e-mail titled "Kroc - episode #493" from an anonymous reader (received at 9:26pm last night) is to be believed, that future came very soon:

Last episode - right now - I really hope one of you guys from NARN calls in the last half hour.

He announced it at 9pm.


Is it really true? Is this the end of the Chris Kroc era? I haven't been able to get independent confirmation yet. If you can verify that last night was indeed the swan song for Chris Kroc, drop me an e-mail. If it really is true, we can then start reminiscing about our favorite Kroc Talk memories.

UPDATE(8:32am): John aka Policy Guy, e-mails with a second-hand report confirming Kroc's farewell:

My wife had the radio on last nigt during the Crock show. I wandered by the room and heard "My Way." I stopped long enough to get the idea that he was leaving. After a while, she told me that Crock had talked about getting a great offer. I thought of "offer I can't refuse," Mafia style, but I don't know what went on. But it was definitely his last show.

Meanwhile, Andy from Residual Forces is ready to get the Kroc tributes rolling:

I had someone comment it on my site this morning. Don't know if it is true, but let's reminisce anyways.

My favorite Kroc memory.

Dead air. Yes, sadly I preferred the 15 second dead air pauses to his voice. Sure it stopped any and all momentum he had, but again, it was better than the drivel he was saying. And there sure was enough during every show to keep me satisfied.


Good times, good times.

UPDATE II: From the KSTP Insider e-mail:

In case you missed his announcement Wednesday night, Chris Krok has decided to leave AM1500. He has accepted an as-yet disclosed position elsewhere. We thank him for his hard work and lively contributions to AM1500 the last two years. We look forward to saying "we knew him when..." as he continues to excel.

Assuming the 7:30pm-10pm weeknight slot will be "The Dave Thompson Show" hosted by an as-yet disclosed AM1500 weekend/fill-in talent. It will be a hard-working, intelligent, articulate attorney with a likeable style and infectious passion for the day's events and maybe even an intermittent sports discussion on Vikings, Twins, new stadiums and such. Congratulate Dave when you see him.

This will bring a couple new voices to our weekend schedule. Perhaps they will develop into the next big weekend/fill-in personalities...

1 comment:

  1. Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you.
    Agen Bandarq
    Agen Domino99
    Domino Online
    Agen Poker
    Bandar Domino99
    fb

    ReplyDelete