Friday, January 13, 2006

He's Tryin' To Quit (But He Just Quit Tryin')

Atomizer's post yesterday on the lyrical hijinks of The Reverend Horton Heat (aka Shel Finkelstein) reminded me of a song I heard recently that brought up images of our beloved A-Dog.

From Jesse Dayton's fictitious "Banjo and Sullivan" (Banjo and Sullivan are not real, the music is) album, the song "Tryin' To Quit (But I Just Quit Tryin'): (btw, this album contains mature content and is not suitable for those who don't think crime is a problem in MPLS):

Atom you like having a drink or two
Sometimes twenty if you're feeling blue
Sometimes one in the morning so you can get out of bed

You like Jim you like Jack you like Makers Mark
Drinking in the daytime drinking in the dark
Drinking with a crowd or drinking alone
Drinking in the shower drinking on the phone

Well I'm trying to quit but I just quit trying
Tried to hide it but I'm bad at lying
Well I'm still drinking if you're still buying
I'm tryin to quit but I just quit trying


More of this madness can be found here, but you've been warned of the R-rated content.

No comments:

Post a Comment