Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Dram A Day--Part I

In anticipation of Friday's spectacular Scotch tasting event at Keegan's Pub in Minneapolis (7pm), I thought I'd whet your appetite with a daily preview of one of the fine selections of whisky that we'll be enjoying.

We start with Cragganmore (from Michael Jackson's Complete Guide To Single Malt Scotch Whisky-no, not that Michael Jackson):

Region: Highlands
District: Speyside

Color - Golden
Nose - The most complex aroma of any malt. Its bouquet is astonishingly fragrant and delicate, with sweetish notes of cut grass and herbs (thyme perhaps?).
Body - Light to medium, but very firm and smooth.
Palate - Delicate, clean, restrained, with a huge range of herbal flowery notes.
Finish - Long
Score - 90


I don't recall having made the pleasure of Cragganmore's acquaintance yet, but I look forward to my introduction on Friday night.

July 3rd UPDATE: I couldn't resist picking up a bottle of Cragganmore at the liquor store today. I'll provide a sneak peak later when I crack it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment