Monday, July 03, 2006

A Summer Blast

The other day, I inadvertently came up with a new cocktail. Okay, so it's not a new cocktail as much as twist on an existing formula. I wanted to mix up what is known as a "Green Sea"; one part vodka, one part Vermouth, and one part green crème de menthe. I only had the white variant of crème de menthe on hand and went with it, figuring that my concoction would more accurately be described as a "White Sea." Since I was using a top-notch vodka, Belvedere, I also elected to double up on the distilled spirit.

The result was tasty, if not exceptional. I downed my pre-dinner cocktail rather quickly. My wife was not as smitten with hers and only had a few sips. Not wanting to see good liquor go to waste, I placed her drink in the freezer until I had a chance to have at 'er. It turned out to be four hours later.

Well, four hours turned out to be just the right amount of time. The drink was slightly frozen when I retrieved it from the freezer. After a few moments at room temperature, it had melted just enough to be drinkable yet nicely chilled. Very good.

Oh and the name of this new cocktail variation? Arctic Sea. Ask for it from your friendly neighborhood barkeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment