Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Floundering Founder

While at lunch today, I was fortunate to catch the appearance of Air America co-founder, Sheldon Drobny on the Dennis Prager show. While I applaud Drobny's willingness to appear in such a forum, I was far from impressed with his performance. Listening to him make unsupported assertions, back away from taking positions, pretend that he was under attack, and refuse to admit that he was even on the left, was not exactly entertaining, but it was enlightening. In fact, a transcript of his appearance would well serve as a future reference on the state of the American left in 2006. One of his utterances in particular was a revealing window into the post-modernist mind:

"I can't prove that anything I say is true and neither can you."

There you have it.

If you missed the interview, look for it to be appear soon as a podcast on Prager's Town Hall page.

No comments:

Post a Comment