Sunday, August 28, 2005

Stranger In A Strange Land

In preparation for my latest business trip, I've been doing extensive research on my destination. Apparently it's a hot bed of anti-Americanism and hatred for President Bush. I've been advised to not display any outward signs that I'm an American and under no circumstances wear anything as brazen as an American flag pin or a cross. If I happen upon an anti-American protest, I should move on quickly and avoid any conflict with local agitators.

Despite these warnings, I plan on smuggling in a copy of National Review and a pro-American political book or two. I'm hoping that I can make contact with members of the local underground to bring them news of the free world. It may be dangerous work, but I feel it is my duty to support those lonely voices of freedom. I will provide reports of my activities when the opportunity allows.

It will be a long, tense week. A week sure to be filled with moments of horror as well as hope. A week in Boulder. Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment