Friday, November 25, 2005

Have You Ever Seen A Squonk's Tears?

My wife is a crafty little devil. Last night upon returning from the Thanksgiving Day Feasting she informed me she was going to rise at an ungodly hour this morn and attempt to score a laptop at one of several local discounters.

I attempted to poo-poo this idea based on the melees I heard about last year at Best Buy and from the simple fact that she is preggo, but she was having none of it and insisted that the chance to save 400 bones on a laptop doesn't come along often.

Being that my cheapness is bested only by the Cheapest Man In The World (The Nihilist in Golf Pants) I decided to let her venture out in the 12 degree weather at 3 am, but only if she went to my beloved WalMart and could stay inside.

The little thing got to Wally at 3:20 and discovered that the laptops were going to be sold back at the layaway area. She was the 11th person in line and proceeded to take a seat on the floor with her fellow WalMart lovers for the next hour and a half.

Shortly before 5, the manager announced that they would be selling 15 Hewlett Packard laptops that normally sell for ~$800 for $378, besting the Best Buy laptop deal by a buck. She happily waited another half hour for those in front of her to be rung up and to complete her transaction.

She returned triumphant this morning shortly after six in time to make my morning coffee and wake me from my warm bed. To say she was excited is a huge understatement so I had her clean the entire condo to work off some of the excess energy as I configured the wireless network to add the laptop.

All in all a very productive Black Friday for the Doubtless family.

UPDATE: Things didn't go quite so well for customers trying to get laptops at a WalMart in Orlando (via Drudge).

More video of the WalMart mayhem (this time in Michigan) here.

Good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment