Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Those Penises Are Gone Boys And They Aint Never Comin' Back

Another reader who has been to Thailand writes in with his own experience:

It's hard to tell a dude there and I heard some mind blowing stories from
fellow travellers when I was there. You should see all the old German men
with cuttoys (thai for trannys, I thought locals were saying "cut boys").
They were too drunk to realize they were dudes or they didn't care. I
couldn't figure out which. Thai cultural tradition dictates that if there
are too many boys born in a family then one of them has to become a girl. I
heard that story a few times there, but I don't know if I believe it. It's
a wild place, and the dangerousness of it is part of the allure. It's like
the 1870s Wild West in America over there. No rules, no law, everything's
available, and watch yourself. I'd go back anytime. The natural scenery
and the crazy urban scenes are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment