Thursday, August 17, 2006

Baby He's Back! And On The Wagon

Late last night I received an e-mail from my old buddy Hugh Hewitt:

Hi Peeps-

How you doing? I had a great time on my Alasken cruize and the rumors that I was eatan by a bear are greatly exagareted. Actually the bear just ate my hat. But it was a nice hat.

Speaking of hats, I'm wondering if you can line up a Twins hat for me when I come to Minnesota for the State Fair. I had a lot of time to think on the cruise, especially when David Allen White was blah blahing about Shakespear and classical music. I mean c'mon, when you say classical music, you better be talking about Canned Heat, right? Anyway I realized that with the Indians well out of the hunt, I need a team to cheer on in the pennent race.

And I have decided that that team is the Minesota Twins. That's right, I'm pulling for the Twins the rest of the way. But I don't have any Twins gear to show my suport, so kindly spread the word to the good people of Minny-so-cold (that one never gets old, does it?) that I would really appreciate it if they could supply me with some Twins parapharnalia when I come to town for the State Fair. A hat or two would be great, but I'd also love bumperstickers, buttons, posters, key chains, etc. Anything with a Twins logo will do.

I also need to get caught up on the latest Twins news, so when peeple stop by to see me at the Fair, I would love to talk Twin, all Twins, and nothing but Twins.

Thanks Peeps, I know I can count on you to help me out hear. I was going to ask Lileks, but you know, he's more of a Hummels guy.

See you at the Fair.

Best regerds,

Hugh

P.S my teem of all-stars is going to beat you like a bongo drum in trivea at Keegan's.


I was wondering why the Twins bandwagon suddenly tilted to the right a few days ago. Turns out it was the hefty presence of Hugh Hewitt climbing on board.

If you want to help Hugh out in his quest to support the Twins pennant drive, he'll be broadcasting his show live from the Minnesota State Fair at the AM 1280-The Patriot booth on Thursday August 24th and Friday August 25th. And he'll also be participating in the much talked about trivia contest at Keegan's on August 25th after his show. Show Hugh how glad we are to have him on the Twins 'wagon.

Maybe when Hugh's at the Fair he would consider a Twins face painting too. After all, you gotta support the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment