Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Riddle Me This...

How has "Election Day Plus One" 2006 been different than similar days of recent years past? Well, I guess I mean aside from the fact that there are a lot more winners with the letter "D" in front of their names...how has it been different?

The answer struck me this afternoon as I was listening to the top of the hour news at noon. I realized that I had AM radio on all day and had not heard one frantic report of rampant voter fraud. I hadn't heard a single person crying about how they had been disenfranchised. Nobody had yet come forward with tales of having been intimidated at the polls. The always reliable members of the MSM had yet to trot out even one pathetic loser who was too incompetent to figure out how to cast a ballot. No candidate was threatening court action to overturn a close result and nobody was shrieking about an election being stolen.

No, we were all spared these indignities this time around and I, frankly, found it quite refreshing. I guess that's just what happens when adults lose elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment