Tuesday, November 07, 2006

With an Attorney General Like This, Who Needs Ralph Nader?

James Philips writes in from California with this observation on the priorities of the current Attorney General of Minnesota, Mike Hatch:

I heard part of your interview with AG candidate Johnson last weekend and as I recall the discussion touched on Hatch's lack of focus on criminal justice issues. I've actually wondered about what exactly the Minnesota Attorney General [Mike Hatch] does because every time I look at the MN AG website there is no mention of criminal justice issues. It looks like a consumer protection agency.

At least my liberal AG (Bill Lockyer) has criminal justice/crime prevention prominently featured on our web site.


A great point by James, who happens to be a lawyer, and according to Mike Hatch, is a "Republican whore!"

It is interesting to note the second item on the official site of the Minnesota Attorney General's office is a 23-page report on E85. I don't know if that is a recent addition or not, but in the wake of the Judi Dutcher fiasco, a miraculously beneficial feature to be positioned so prominently on this tax-payer funded web site.

If reached for comment, Judi Dutcher would no doubt say - "Can't even comment on it, I'm sorry. It's like you've asked me the college quiz bowl question. What is the Internet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment