Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Think She's Playing Our Song

As if the Girl in Right doesn't have enough to do, what with being an ace foot doctor, a wife and mother, a rising star blogger, and the presumptive victor (if there's any justice in this world) in the April 5 special election for City Council in Golden Colorado, Ward 2, she's now accepted the role as primary librettist for "Hugh Hewitt - the Musical."

Her latest effort, to the tune of Frank Loesser's classic "Fugue for Tin Horns" from Guys and Dolls (you know how it goes, I've got your horse right here, the name is Paul Revere ...)

I've got your blog right here
my words are most sincere
I make the loony lefties run in fear
It's HUGH!
It's HUGH!
I want to be the Pres of CU!
Oh what I can make snowmobiles do!
It's Hugh, It's Hugh.

(enter The Elder, St. Paul, JB Doubtless and the Atomizer)

We're Fraters Libertas
And we're still mourning Moss,
His trade to Oakland was such a loss.
Our state
Is Blue
Ice is something that we fish right through!
And Nick Coleman is a piece of poo.
And like you,
We like Hugh.


Despite the use of the term "poo" in a masculine context, it sounds like a smash hit to me.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment