Friday, April 28, 2006

They Want Their MPR

Evidence of what happens when tax dollars go to fund such things as movie reviewers, from Minnesota Public Radio's review of United Flight 93:

I never thought that I could see the images of the Twin Towers burning and have them have any impact anymore. Greengrass' movie is an indictment of how the government reacted to the hijackings that day and how a small group of people just like you and me made a decision to take control of a plane. It's painful, emotional, overwhelming and a great movie.

And here I thought the movie might be an indictment of those Islamic terrorists who hijacked the planes in the first place. Nope, according to MPR it's about the poor government reaction. Let me guess, it's all the fault of My Pet Goat.

As the MPR reviewer proves, you see what you want too see. And you hear what you want to hear. Which is why it makes sense that the Democrats are trying to make an increase in tax payer funding of public radio in Minnesota a constitutional requirement.

Needless to say, this idea, of tax payers funding politically partisan radio is an abomination. And unless AM1280 the Patriot gets cut in on the deal, I urge our elected representatives to vote No.

No comments:

Post a Comment