Friday, March 21, 2003

The lights are on but nobody's home

I happened to have CNN on right at noon (9:00 Baghdad time) when the main bombing began. I will readily admit to loud cheering, whooping and clapping. Yeah, it was cool, but when you call something shock and awe, you had better deliver. I'll say that I had more shock and awe when I saw the graphics for some of the new PS2 games like Pro Beach Volleyball and that one where the English criminals kick people's asses. And I don't even have a PS2.

Peter Arnett was reporting breathlessly about "Shock and awe indeed" and I suppose if I were there I would be more shocked and awed, but I am somewhat letdown.

Nancy Pelosi was just on NBC telling us that "Everyone who sees this just wants it to end soon". Well, no. I would like to see plenty more.

No comments:

Post a Comment