Friday, May 30, 2003

Gift Registry For Doubtless

For all those of you out there who been e-mailing me wondering how you could repay JB Doubtless for his priceless contributions to Fraters I have a suggestion. While listening to the Ian Punnett radio show today on FM107 I happened to catch the Friday music segment with James Lileks (every Friday 9am-10am). Ian introduced an album that will definitely strike a chord or two with JB.

O Mickey Where Art Thou is a collection of classic Disney tunes performed by some of the best bluegrass and country musicians around. It even includes a version of 'When I See An Elephant Fly' by none other than Robbie Fulks.

By the way I think that Hugh Hewitt is going to have to take another tack in his attempts to ridicule Lileks. Any man who spends a half an hour on the radio discussing his love for the Pet Shop Boys is quite obviously immune to criticism of his musical tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment