Thursday, May 01, 2003

There Must Be Some Misunderstanding

There must be some kind of mistake.

The City Pages 2003 The Best of the Twin Cities picks Ron Rosenbaum as best AM radio personality!?!

I would have thought that with the Fraters Libertas juggernaut behind him Dave Thompson would have been a shoo in. I know for a fact that Saint Paul and myself voted early and often for our comrade in arms. Unfortunately, the full impact of the "Fraters Effect" was likely diminished by the fact that JB Doubtless refused to join the united Dave Thompson front and instead went with his favorite talk show host and bridge partner Lew Freeman. There's always next year Dave.

Meanwhile long time reader BK offered up this upon hearing the news of Rosenbaum's selection:

Let me put my two cents in. I think the worm will turn on this one. Cooler heads will prevail and Dave Thompson will ultimately get his due. You know, it's a real slippery slope when you start handing out accolades to mediocre personalities like Rosenbaum. The City Pages editors really need to be called on the carpet for this one. It wasn't my ox that was gored but I feel we all need to stand above the fray and turn this wrong into a right. The process may be like watching sausage being made, but lets all get out there and do some real saber rattling and read those ba$tards the riot act!!

No comments:

Post a Comment