Sunday, July 06, 2003

Continuing Antics

The StarBanker from Intergalactic Capitalist was kind enough to drop an e-mail with some advice on battling ants using unconventional weapons:

Although I live in Fargo/Moorhead now, I lived in Ant Central (Naples, FL) for many years. The first thing, piss ants are those annoying flying ants or the equally annoying people who think they know EVERYTHING about ants, hereby designated as me or I. The typical house-invading ants are either "sugar" or "grease" ants (sugar and grease are terms for organic compounds found in gas tanks and garage floors, respectively). Getting rid of them both is difficult, insomuch as they invented Raid and deliberately mislabel the cans. However, in desperation following daily assaults by legions of both varieties, I discovered the only known chemical deterrent. First I painstakingly traced the route of entry by following the 600 foot line of ants to a crack in the door sill and another entry point around an electrical switchplate. I had no Raid ( At this point I wasn't aware of the corporate collusion between Raid Inc. and Ant Research and Development.) so I took a bottle of Tilex bathtub cleaner (which I never used because its warning label said, "Use only in well ventilated areas" and I sh## indoors) and sprayed the column plus the entry points. In the next year I had nary an ant sharing my hard earned sugar and grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment