Wednesday, July 09, 2003

A Much More Civilizied, Less Savage Radio Alternative

Rick from California reports that Michael Savage is off the radio airwaves as well (at least temporarily):

Michael Savage has been suspended from local radio station KRLA 870 due to his outburst on MSNBC.

It's especially gratifying to us Hugh Hewitt listeners in Los Angeles as they split Hugh's show during the 2nd and 3rd hours and inserted Savage, playing Hugh's 3rd hour at 8 pm. As you know I've been listening to the HH show for a long, long time and this really bothered me as I have to make a drive every day equal to your worst Minneapolis nightmare. If I were still in my car at 5 pm, I'd quickly scramble for the smart buttons to turn the station. I wrote (and cc'd Hugh) the station a handful of times in the last few months urging them to dump this loudmouthed blowhard because I wasn't going to listen to him (and maybe I'd forget to turn it back on in the morning - sorry Mark Larson). Savage doesn't speak to me or for me, and plays to a stereotype which I seldom run into in conservancy. He's almost what a Mad Liberal Scientist would create to prove his theory on what a Conservative is.

My formerly liberal, soon to register Republican valley-girl born and bred wife (bred in the valley not with child) is ecstatic. She's happy that Hugh's back, AND she gets to listen to Praeger twice a day now. Life couldn't be sweeter than when she's happy about being able to listen to well reasoned logic!

Savage is not yet cancelled, but he is suspended. I don't have anymore details other than conjecture and rumors, but here's hoping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment