Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Divine Intervention

Apparently, winning $113 million dollars isn’t enough to buy a man some common sense. Jack Whittaker, who collected the money after winning the record Powerball jackpot last Christmas, left over $200,000 in cash and a few mighty big cashier’s checks sitting in his vehicle while it was parked outside a West Virginia strip club early this morning. It was, of course, stolen.

For crying out loud, Jack. I don’t turn over my car to the guys at the car wash without making a mental note of how much change I have sitting in the ashtray. I’ll be damned if I’m even going to leave my wallet containing $40 sitting in my unattended car in an area of town that even HAS a strip club.

Miraculously, the money was recovered later in a dumpster. It seems that God really did want this guy to have the money. What the big guy thinks about it being spent at a strip club is unclear, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment