Thursday, August 07, 2003

It's Agreed: She's A Babe Of Historical Proportions

One of the interesting things about blogging is that it's often the short, right off the top of your head posts about arcane (even inane) subjects that draw the most interest. Case in point? My post from earlier today on historian Bettany Hughes. The post not only drew a nod from Instapundit it also has already sparked these comments:

I saw that PBS documentary last night and I have to admit as much as I love the subject matter, Bettany Hughes was the reason why I stuck around. How come I've never seen this woman before? -Steve Martinovich
Editor, Enter Stage Right

Excellent question Steve. An even better question would be, when will we be able to see her again? I'd watch a four hour documentary on the weaving of Aaron Brown's toupee if she was the hosting it.

Hey, no fair! I posted about Bettany Hughes first, but you get the Instalanche! I missed Arnie talking to Jay to watch that gorgeous Brit talk about Spartan sexual practices! I've got it on tape! Every time I'd almost turn it off, she put that damn red dress back on! -Mike Smith Firefive Blog (he's got more on this subject now at his blog)

Sorry about jumping your claim to the Instapundit link Mike but as you say there is a fine line between clever and stupid. Maybe this will bring a Fraterslanche to your blog. I hope your server can handle the additional six hits.

That PBS show on the Spartans was slowing down my blogging too. (Your assessment of the hostess/scholar was dead-on, btw.) I thought her descriptions of the Spartan women and the early American women who emulated their resolve should be required listening for the myriad modern-day Alan Alda-type wuss-mongers (male and female alike). -Brad Jones from Infinite Monkeys

And finally this comment from a reader who seems quite intrigued by the prospect of Victor Davis Hanson in a revealing outfit:

I don't know about the red dress, but VDH in hiking shorts and an open sport shirt at Delphi would certainly be attractive. Smart and attractive is fairly unbeatable combination. Thanks for the pointer to the show. I missed it, but I'll certainly look for a rebroadcast. -RR Ryan

Point well taken on VDH but personally I prefer to stick with Bettany and the red dress. History may never be looked at in the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment