Friday, September 19, 2003

Insert Fork. They Are Done. (And This Time I Mean It)

The White Sox are toast. Yesterday's Twins victory keyed by Jacques Jones pair of two-run homers , completed a sweep of the not-so mighty Whities and put the Twins 3 1/2 games up. As Lileks might say, "C'est finis."

The Twins triumph also means we are witness to a rare phenomena. It doesn't happen often. In fact the next scheduled occurrence is June 9, 2016. Live it up now 'cause it won't happen again any time soon. Yes, the Elder was wrong. (Gasps from the crowd. Women faint away.)

I thought the Twins had let the Central Division crown slip from their grasp after their uninspired play in mid-August when they dropped three out of four to the hated Clevelanders. I am now happy to admit that, yes, I was wrong. But I also believe it was my calling the team out and ripping them and the fans that really woke them up and turned the season around. You're welcome. From viewing our traffic logs I know for a fact that three, maybe four Twins players read the site daily. Someone must then explain it (very slowly) to Denny Hocking since his reading comprehension skills never advanced past the Dick & Jane primers. Anyway it's nice to know that we've made a difference.

The situation definitely calls for music. My first thought was that the haunting voice of the Orb singing It's Over would be a nice serenade to the broken hearted Sox fans. Then I recalled that the South Siders had a favorite ballad that was perfect for the occasion. Please rise and join with me in singing (and waving) this stirring tribute to the gallant White Sox and their fans:

Na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey goodbye
na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey goodbye...


No comments:

Post a Comment