Monday, September 22, 2003

Generally Speaking

In the interests of helping voters decide if they would support General Wesley Clark I thought I'd help clarify some of the General's positions for you. This is the first in what will become a regular series of posts:

Wesley Clark on Abortion:

Q: Would you sign the partial-birth abortion bill, which is about to be passed by Congress?

CLARK: I don't know whether I'd sign that bill or not. I'm not into that detail on partial-birth abortion. In general, I'm pro-life--excuse me, I'm pro-abortion rights.

Source: CNN, Crossfire Aug 1, 2003


Got that? I do have to give Clark some credit for being honest enough to say he's "pro-abortion" rather than claiming the mealy mouthed meaningless "pro-choice" label. I'm sure his handlers will make sure he doesn't make that mistake again now that his campaign has officially kicked off.

Perhaps when Wes has a free moment or two he can catch up on the "detail" of partial birth abortion to help him make up his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment