Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The Politics Of Failure Have Failed

While we're visiting the subject of space aliens impersonating people check out this portion of Wesley Clark's speech today that I've spliced with Kodo's speech as Clinton from Treehouse of Horror VII and see if you can tell where the Kodos rhetoric comes in:

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball. For the first time since the Cold War, many Americans no longer feel safe at their homes and workplaces. These are historic times. And we’re going to run a campaign that’s worthy of the historic times in which we live. We’re going to run a campaign that will move this country forward, not back, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

If you said the Kodos portion began with "upward not forward" you are a winner.

Okay I cheated. The first two lines are also from Kodos but don't tell me you couldn't see Clark saying them.

I picked up the transcript of Clark's speech from the oddly named Wesley Clark Weblog . I say oddly named since it's written by two guys named Eric and Dave and it cleary states that is is not affiliated with the 'Americans For Clark' campaign in any manner.

1 comment: