Friday, December 17, 2004

'Sup Doc?

Despite the Master of the Hoarse's(thanks Les) claim that there is nothing to do in the Twin Cities, my parents, my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis taking in Doc's Holidays, which featured a variety of Christmas tunes performed by the Minnesota Orchestra, the Minnesota Chorale, and the Twin Cities Bronze hand bell ensemble. All conducted by the legendary showman Doc Severinsen. As my mother pointed out, there was a lot of talent assembled on the stage. It was an entertaining and inspiring affair that set just the right tone heading into the final weekend before Christmas.

I mean it wasn't exactly Mary Poppins, but then what is? Mary friggin' Poppins. I really don't have to worry about making fun of Hugh anymore. He's doing just fine on that front all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment