Thursday, February 10, 2005

Back On The Bus?

Local blogs are rife with speculation about who will replace Mark Dayton on the Democratic ticket in the '06 Senate race. Even nationally syndicated shock jocks are getting in on the action.

Laura from Edina has an angle that I've yet to see anywhere else:

I think the bench is thin. Here's my play if I were DFL...what are the Wellstone boys up to? I can see the Green Bus now...raised like Lazarus. Plus their budget for bumper stickers would be cut in half since everyone still has them on their Subaru.

It's almost frightening to imagine how some would react to that scenario.

Although it would be hard to top today's news that Al Franken may throw his hat in the ring. The prospect of a Franken campaign has many of us drooling in anticipation. Some of our readers feel the same way. Rick e-mails with a suggestion:

Seeing as we should be doing all we can to get Franken to run for Senate, Perhaps we should have an Informal contest for the best Al Franken for Senate Slogan and Bumper Sticker. To get this contest rolling, I am submitting the first entry.



The green and white color scheme is a nice touch. Reminds me of someone...

UPDATE: We won't have Al Franken to kick around in 2006. Too bad really. The entries were just starting to flow in. Mike from Clan Keegan submits:

I thought it a little similar to the very successful "I Like Ike" buttons. Could do a spinoff version of Al's Pals.



At least there's still hope for '08.

UPDATE II: Tom Rosen, has a capital idea which he shares in a comment at Shot In The Dark:

I say we try to draft Nick Coleman for Senate! He would be wildly popular (among the DFL), and would have no problem riding the Wellstone bus, since we has a history of riding busses while interviewing the "unfortunate" among us. And both papers could endore him! (Confilict of interest? What's that?)

I'd be kinda cool, too, to have the Senators Coleman.


Talk about too good to be true. Obvious campaign slogan: Nick Coleman-I Know Stuff. The obvious problem is that Coleman, as he reminds us ad naseum during his radio show, is...(must withhold derisive laughter)...non-partisan. Entries in the Draft Nick contest are now being accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment