Tuesday, February 08, 2005

In The Glass

I discovered a new drink this weekend. Don't know if there is a name for it, but it consists of Jim Beam Black, Apple Pucker and a splash of cranberry.

It may sound a little on the cute side with the Pucker, but this thing has a kick.

I slurped down two during the first quarter of the Super Bowl and began singing Harry Belafonte songs before the Doubtlessette cut me off (she said I was acting qoute-un-qoute "weird").

That's the funny thing about new cocktails: you never know what they might do to you. It's also part of the fun.

Have I mentioned how good (and relatively cheap) the Jim Beam Black is? It is every bit as tasty as Makers Mark or Knob Creek, but it's 7-8 dollars a fifth less.

It was so reasonable that I actually picked up one of those alcoholic-approved 175's the other day for 30 bucks. I've never bought such a quantity in one container and I must admit feeling somewhat sheepish when I brought it up to the counter.

I feel like I may have crossed some kind of line with that purchase. It's like when a smoker buys their first carton or when a teenaged fat dude orders his first large pizza alone--there's just something about buying that much booze knowing that you will be the only one consuming it.

And that something is FREEDOM! Gotta go now, I'm powerful thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment