Monday, April 12, 2004

Baton Rouge! Baton Rouge!

Yes, it's true. I will not be appearing with the other gents when they make their national radio debut hosting Hugh Hewitt's show this week. Anyone who has heard my two brief appearances on the award winning* Northern Alliance Radio Show knows that I do an excellent impression of a mute when in front of a hot microphone. It's a brilliant impression (think Cindy Brady when she froze on a televised quiz show), but not a very useful one when the goal is engaging discussion.

My on-air ineptitude is bad enough on a locally broadcast program so I have no desire to recreate it for Hugh's vast national audience. Instead, I will leave the wordsmithery in the very capable hands (or is it mouths?) of Mitch Berg, Captain Ed, King Banaian, Lileks, The Big Trunk and my cohorts here at Fraters Libertas. Besides, if the show blows I can honestly claim that I had nothing to do with it.

And, just for the record Elder, my Ned Braden imitation included a pair of black dress socks and a single jewel encrusted white glove. I'm not a freak.

Go get 'em, boys!

(*no actual awards have been won)

No comments:

Post a Comment