Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The Homeless Network Responds To JB

Being outspokenly anti-homeless for many years now, I've learned to deal with the slings and arrows shot my way from various lefties as I've made my positions on the pathetic dregs known. "Heartless" is the one I probably hear the most from the there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I crowd. "Hateful" is another one of their faves for expressing the belief that human beings should not live like beasts.

Yup, middle class lefty loons have called me many things, but I had never been verbally assaulted by a homeless. Until this weekend.

As I made my way through the streets of San Francisco, they were hard to ignore. On every street corner there were dozens of the urine-reeking creatures with palms outstretched, eyes half closed and souls ripe for Satan's pickings.

And these are not your polite homeless. Nope, these homeless will bite back if they feel you COULD have given them a dime, but just didn't want to. Personally, I like to rattle the change in my pocket as I pass, often inciting obscenities, which are also often racially tinged.

Based on the amount of the abuse I was experiencing, I began to wonder if word had gotten out of my appearance in town and if it was payback time for ol' JB. My theory was proven correct when I saw a homeless lying on a tarp on the sidewalk actually using a cell phone (true story, true story).

No comments:

Post a Comment