Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Keep The Stribless Stories Coming!

Was the title of an e-mail I just received. And we shall. Here's Avonelle's tale:

I’m really enjoying the stories about people who have given up the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

I gave up the paper about a year ago. I’ve also refused to subscribe or register or whatever to the online version. I continue to read the online version of the Pioneer Press, which is almost as bad, but at least I’m not paying for it, and they don’t have personal information about me.

Whenever a telemarketer tries to sell me the paper, I always tell them I think they have horrible reporting and I’ll never buy their paper again. Of course, at one point in my life (millions of years ago), I was a telemarketer and sold newspaper over the phone. I KNOW that information isn’t going anywhere, but at least it shuts them up. Although I do like the “medical reasons” suggestion.


Do you have a story on ditching the Strib? We'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment