Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Making A Silk Purse Out Of A Sow's Ear

I have refused to subscribe to the Minneapolis Star Tribune (or as I like to call it, the "Star and Sickle") since I moved back into the Twin Cities area in 1998. The reason was the same as reader Jim gave below. It was quite simply a heart attack waiting to happen.

However, I am now beginning to regret my decision. The lovely Atomizerette and I have just bought a house and I am now in the midst of packing up my belongings. As I prepared to get the kitchen stuff properly packed away the other day I realized that I had no stack of old newspapers, which have always been my preferred method of protecting my fragile glassware.

Perhaps I'll just use toilet paper. That sounds like an appropriate substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment