Monday, July 26, 2004

Discriminatory Pricing?

Phillip from Ahwatukee, Arizona passes on this letter which he submitted to the editor of the Arizona Republic (no word on whether it was published):

I have a full-spectrum flyer in my hand titled, "Gay Pride Discounts on America West."

The handbill offers a 10% discount through September 30, 2004 if I fly an America West flight to any of these "Gay & Lesbian events": Reno Pride, Southern Decadence in New Orleans, Gay Day Tampa Bay, Dallas Pride, Gay Days in Los Angeles, North Carolina Pridefest/Raleigh Pride, Halloween in San Francisco & New Orleans.

My "online source for air fare discounts" may be found at americawest.com/glbt (which I'm told stands for "gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender.")

I well-up with pride over this selfless act by my "Hometown Airline."

I can't WAIT to call and claim my 10% discount to religious events like Promise Keepers, Pastors Conferences, and family weddings.

This heart-felt love for all people will certainly extend to the Red-heads of our nation, followed shortly by the height-challenged.

Oh my, I'm concerned that the Airline will grant 10% discounts to Islamic Fundamentalist Terror organizations to select training camps across our incredibly tolerant land. I'll just skip those flights, or better yet, perhaps they'll recognize even MY special interest: the "I'm Too Stinking Afraid to Fly on Little Old Peanuts" (IT'SAFLOP).

You know, it would just save us all a lot of trouble if America West would simply give us ALL the 10% discount fares. Perhaps there would be one less hometown boycott (can I say boy-cot, or isn't that PC?)

Thank you for allowing me to speak as freely as the more vocal of our country's special interest groups. I guess this IS still America. Sometimes, I'm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment