Monday, July 19, 2004

Lighten Up Lady

The boys at Powerline have apparently touched a nerve with some humorous comments about a real Syrian band who may or may not have been involved in the Annie Jacobson flight scare hubbub last week. Reading the account conjured up the following scene in my head:

Erika Linden Green : [threateningly] The American Arab Anti Discrimination League isn't all smiles und sunshine.

Big Trunk: [recoils in mock horror]
Oooh, the American Arab Anti Discrimination League is mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the American Arab Anti Discrimination League!
[hiding behind Hindrocket] Uh oh, the American Arab Anti Discrimination League is going to get me!

Erika Linden Green : Stop it!

Big Trunk: Don't let the American Arab Anti Discrimination League come after me.
Oh no, the American Arab Anti Discrimination League is coming after me.

Erika Linden Green : Please stop the `pretending you are scared' game, please.

Big Trunk: [brief pause, then resumes]
No! They're so big and strong!

Erika Linden Green: Stop it, Mr. Johnson.

Big Trunk: Oh, protect me from the American Arab Anti Discrimination League ! The American Arab Anti Discrimination League ...

Erika Linden Green: Mr. Johnson, STOP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment