Monday, September 20, 2004

Call, Complain, and Cut

Don's been on the phone:

Called my local affiliate in South Bend Indiana. They gave me this number for CBS in N.Y. (212) 975-3247

They answered immediately and took my comments.

Might help to post this number and inundate them with comments, complaints, whatever!


Indeed it might. Tim from Palmdale, CA has been busy with his scissors:

Following Mr. Stork's lead, I called Citi Cards to cancel my account. The customer service agent told me that he never heard of someone canceling a card just because Citi advertises on a particular show or network. He offered to up my limit and to issue some sort of a rewards card. My "no thanks" received a chilly response that my account would be cancelled, good day.

If CBS thinks that today's half-hearted apologies are the end of the story, they're sadly mistaken. Once again here are contact lists for:

General managers of CBS affiliates in the United States (NOTE: The KCBS station manager in LA is actually Patrick McClenahan. Which would make his e-mail address: pmcclenahan@cbs.com )

Viacom shareholders

CBS advertisers

This story is not over by a long shot and won't be until CBS comes clean and cleans house.

1 comment: