Monday, September 27, 2004

Painless Protest

Last Friday, when I called in to Hugh Hewitt's show, he asked me if I thought that we should continue to keep the heat on CBS affiliates. I replied that if people were satisfied with the response from CBS they should let it go, otherwise they should keep banging away.

If you want to bang, here's the list of affiliate contacts. If you want more bang for your buck, you can fill out this form at Rathergate.com and hit all the affiliates in one fell swoop.

In the wake of the forged memo fiasco, I vowed that I would not watch CBS until they resolved the matter to my satisfaction. I have come to realize what a meaningless promise that really is. Because I never watch CBS anymore. I don't watch all that much TV anyway, except for sports, documentaries, and Seinfeld reruns, but I used to catch "King of Queens" and "Everybody Loves Raymond" somewhat regularly. I lost track of KOQ when they moved it to a new night, and Raymond is hit or miss. About the only reason I would have to even turn CBS on these days is NFL football.

Yesterday, the CBS game we got was Denver-San Diego. Not nearly as entertaining as watching Indy march up and down the field against the Packers on Fox. For me, giving up CBS is like a kid giving up vegetables for Lent (except that CBS isn't really good for me). It's almost too easy.

On another missing media front, our household is now on Day Three of being officially Stribless. Yes, even though I vowed to cancel our subscription to the Minneapolis Star Tribune way back in April, only now has it taken effect. And I gotta say that at this point, I don't really miss it at all. Sure it's nice to be able to read up on the three time Central Division champion Twins or the Vikings, but I can get all that online. And eating breakfast with a laptop on the table is almost as good as spreading out the daily newspaper. Now if I can only get the logistics of the bathroom worked out...

No comments:

Post a Comment