Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The French Connection

David from Texas e-mails to point out a surprising source of donations to John Kerry:

I did a search on our ZIP code, 75006, at fundrace.org to see how my neighborhood was contributing to the Bush and Kerry campaigns. First, the good news is that we at 75006 have contributed about twice as much to Bush as to Kerry.

However, I found another interesting little nugget...Our ZIP code, 75006, is also a ZIP code in PARIS!! YIKES!!! After digesting this horrible, horrible fact, I examined the data a little closer. Of the $12,415 contributed from "75006" to John Kerry (this does not include Dean, Clark, the DNC, etc.), over 1/3 of the amount was donated by Frenchies! ($4,573, or 36.83% to be exact.)

Not surprisingly, there were no French donations to GWB or the RNC.


Okay maybe it's not all that surprising after all. I suspect that most of the donations were made by American ex-pats living in France, but still this is further reinforcement of the notion that Kerry is the favored son of the French. For some reason I don't think that's going to help him much on this side of the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment