Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Is It Really Over?

Does it get any better than a brisk stroll on a crisp autumn night, listening to playoff baseball on the radio? I think not. Temps in the 50's, no wind, and just a hint of moisture in the air. The kind of night that makes you regret having to ever go back inside.

When I turned onto the last leg of my walk and went into the home stretch (right about that time that Johnny Damon's grand slam was clearing the right field wall) I noticed a strange glow in the northwest quadrant of the horizon. At first I thought I was witnessing a display of the aurora borealis. Upon further reflection, I understood that what I was seeing was the gleam from King's smile. All the way from St. Cloud, his unbridled joy was (and still is) lighting up the night sky.

And he has good reason to be happy. 6-0 for his BoSox. It is truly over. Isn't it?

UPDATE: Now 6-1. But still, it's over right?

UPDATE II: 8-1 after six. I'm gonna go out on a limb and call this one for the Sox. See you in the World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment