Thursday, October 21, 2004

Never Underestimate The Power Of The Curse

Okay, Red Sox fans...knock it off! Your team hasn't won diddley-squat yet. Sure, they beat the Yankees, but allow me to point out that the AL pennant does not come attached to the World Series trophy.

You can burn Beantown to the ground for all I care after the Sox win four more games this year but, until then, act like you've been there before. I know seeing the Red Sox in the Series is as rare as a blue moon on the eighth Tuesday of March, but please, for everyones sake, give decorum a try...and then give it a rest.

And would someone please tell that chucklehead Johnny Damon to get a flippin' haircut fer Chrissakes!

The Elder Adds: I am now being deluged with e-mails from Red Sox fans chastising me for ever doubting their team. It's interesting to note that I received ZERO e-mails of this sort before the score was 8-1 last night and the outcome was no longer in doubt. Yes, they're a confident, happy group of fans. AFTER their team has won. C'mon Red Sox boosters. Guarantee that your team is going to win the World Series and break The Curse once and for all. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment