Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Break In The Action

It has been a wild and wacky coupla of days. Starting with Atomizer's grooms dinner on Thursday and ending with today's pathetic excuse for NFL football at the Metrodome, which I had the extreme displeasure of attending (Giants 34 Vikings 13), I've hardly had time to catch my breath. In between of course we had Atomizer's wedding (which featured what I believe to be the first ever wedding toast Fisking by the Warrior Monk), the NARN show on Saturday, and dinner with JB Doubtless and his soon to be fiancée (if those wedding toss traditions mean anything) on Saturday night.

Tonight, I'm handling the Halloween candy duties. I've got my lap top on the coffee table, have the appropriate Halloween decor up (lots of skulls, spiders, and candles), a glass of The Dalmore Cigar Malt at my side, and am jamming to a little Halloween Hootenanny. So far the urchin turnout has been light, which may be partly explained by the decorations in my front yard. Not the skulls or spiders mind you. I have a hunch my prominently displayed Bush/Cheney signs may be giving a few of my liberal neighbors pause. What if the candy contains some sort of mind control substance designed to brainwash their childrens? Sounds like just the kind of thing that Karl Rove would do.

I suppose that it doesn't help that the candy choices I'm offering to the trick and treaters are Kickback Bars (made by Halliburton of course), $87 Billion Dollar Bars, and Gummy Ashcrofts (the perfect snack after a long day spent crushing dissent). Still it does seem a bit strange for liberals to be turning down the opportunity for a free handout doesn't it?

The next few days don't promise much of a respite. Monday will involve frantic last minute "get out the vote" efforts, while Tuesday will simply be known as The Longest Day. After I vote and put in a full day of work, I'm going to be doing some roving reporting as part of The Patriot's election night coverage. I'll be hitting both the GOP and DFL victory parties and will try to squeeze in a few other stops at places of interest. We're planning to be on the air from 8pm until 3am (or earlier if someone concedes). The fun is just getting started.

1 comment: