Saturday, October 30, 2004

A Shout Out To My Peeps!

A big thanks to the entire Fraters Libertas staff, and others, for their participation in last night's festivities.

To my brother, The Warrior Monk, thanks for your very eloquent toast that succeeded in embarrassing me in front of over one hundred of my closest friends and relatives. I will never...ever...forget it. So watch your back!

To The Elder, thanks for making it through the two scripture readings without breaking off into another one of your "Vote Bush Or Die" monologues. I know how hard it is for you to resist the temptation when there's an open mic.

To Nihilist In Golf Pants, thanks for the outstanding rendition of "Burning Love". The King Himself never sounded so good.

To Saint Paul, thanks for not dancing. One graceless and rhythm-deprived white guy on the dance floor was bad enough.

And, finally, thanks to JB Doubtless and the lovely Doubtlessette who left last night with not only the coveted bouquet but with the bride's garter as well ensuring that he'll be the next Frater to provide free booze and food to his buddies for an entire evening.

That about does it. I'm off to San Francisco with my beautiful bride in a few hours, so have yourselves a great election. I promise to live blog every moment of the honeymoon so you won't miss a thing. Well...ALMOST every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment