Thursday, January 06, 2005

Networking

One of the fringe benefits of blogging is the opportunity to occasionally correspond with celebrities. Such was my good fortune today, with this email from Hugh Hewitt caller Wagon Boy's brother.

He's got more on the well-grounded, good sense of Brett Favre:

Went to your blog from Hugh's (my brother, Wagonboy, turned me onto Hugh) and saw your blog on Favre, realize how difficult that must have been for a Viking fan ...

I thought you might appreciate this, as well as it has to do with his attitude to the profession. I think it was Bradshaw interviewing him and he asked what advice Favre gives new/young players. He said something to the extent of, "I tell them they are paid extremely well to practice every day and practice hard, to workout during and in the off season to keep their bodies in shape, to watch film and study our game plans and our opponents. Sundays they play for free, and if they can't play for free on Sundays for their teammates, their fans, and themselves just for the love of the game then they should quit and do something else."


I think that was Randy Moss's plan last week during his early exit, to quit and do something else. He did come back the next day though. Probably not what Favre had in mind. But if Moss scores 3 TDs Sunday, all will be forgiven. I mean, it's not like he defecated in someone's laundry basket or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment