Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sarcoogle

In the course of composing an insightful and thought-provoking essay on implications of the alleged human rights abuses by US soldiers in Iraq, I was immersed in research. And then I hit an information access brick wall. But all was not lost, as I always have the back up of three brilliant students of history and political science (and mixology) at my beck and call. They are, of course, my cohorts on this fine Internet site: Chad The Elder, the Atomizer, and JB Doubtless. To whom I posed the following seemingly imponderable question, via electronic mail:

Q; What was the name of that female US solider abusing people at Abu Ghraib?  Lindsey something?  Can't find it on Google, Sen. Lindsey Graham keeps coming up instead.  I'm pretty sure he was in Washington during that time and also was (and remains) of the male gender.

To which the informational calvary responded:

A: You're thinking of Lindsey Whalen. After she finished at the U, she hustled over to Iraq for some man-humiliatin'.

A: I was thinking Lindsey Wagner.  She went all bionic on them.

A: I'm pretty sure it was Lindsey Buckingham.  Being forced to listen to "Trouble" over and over again has to be a violation of the Geneva Accords.


Thanks for all the help (I'll let you guess who said what), I don't know where I'd be without them.

I also consider that episode the beta test for a new blogger-fueled search engine, soon to be offered on Fraters Libertas. Folks can type in informational queries, and within seconds they get back dozens of bitter, sarcastic one-liners. It should be ready to go soon. Interested advertisers and bitter, sarcastic applicants - operators are now standing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment