Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My Meme, Mine

Apparently, I've been officially tagged to become a member of the Navel Gazers Book Club. Before I start, however, I thought that this quote from an episode of Seinfeld would help sum up my feelings about this sort of exercise:
Jerry: I can't believe I'm going dancing.
Keri: You don't go that often?
Jerry: No, because it's so stupid.
Off we go, then...

Total number of books owned, ever:
This is a truly ridiculous question and I steadfastly refuse to give it one more moment of thought.

Last book I bought:
I have absolutely no idea. Excessive gin consumption must have left my short term memory...um...sort of...yeah, what the hell was I talking about again? Bookmaking, or something? I do seem to recall losing a bundle on some glue factory bound swayback that finished eleventh in an eleven horse race at the track the other day. So, I guess that's my answer: a glue factory bound swayback that finished eleventh in an eleven horse race.

Last book I read:
That would be Handicapping 101: Finding the Right Horses and Making the Right Bets. Oddly enough, this was also the last book that I burned.

Five books that mean a lot to me:
I'm going to have to say the only book that means anything to me is The Business Of The Practice Of Law: What Every Associate Should Know About Law Firm Life by William Koster. The primary reason for this selection is that the author was one of two people present at the moment of my conception.

The second and even more compelling reason is that part of every dollar you all spend on this book will end up as part of my inheritance...so buy, people, buy!

I now choose to end this circle of madness by tagging nobody to perpetuate this meme.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment