Friday, October 21, 2005

Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes

Spent the week at home with the boy. The downside? Not much time to squeeze in things like showering, shaving, brushing your teeth, or getting dressed. The upside? No need to shower, shave, brush your teeth, or wear anything but a t-shirt and boxers. Three-month olds don't seem too concerned with such socially mandated hygienic niceties.

I even did a bit of shopping for the boy today and discovered that my second least favorite acronym (after IRS) is MEA. Instead of the largely empty store that I was expecting, I found it crawling with kids and parents. It lead me to cut the shopping experience short, which both of us seemed to greatly appreciate. He is indeed his father's son.

Another nice aspect of being home during the week is the ability to listen to talk radio. A lot of talk radio. I'm talking nine to ten hours a day. Yes, the "merchants of hate" were selling and I was buying. Now if I could only do something about those commercials on The Patriot. I think if I have to listen to another pitch from Mary Ann Kuharski and the "Billboard People", I'm going to join Planned Parenthood. I'm joking of course, but damn those kids are annoying. Makes me long for the days of Damere, the Sudanese slave boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment